Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Michael's Daddy Adventure Video



In the vein of the Fatherhood and Star is Born blog posts below, this post is on the video I made of Michael's Daddy Adventure at the Central Florida Zoo on Sunday, September 16, 2007.

This was a fun project that Michael and I worked on together (along with Consultant to the Directors: Mommy - Anne Weinblatt). I shot the video with my Cannon ZR800 MiniDV camcorder and edited it with iMovie. The video was for Michael's Grandy (my mother - Annie Weinblatt) and dedicated to my father- "the Dad Who Started it All."



You see, my father and I were very close. We had Daddy Adventures and Michael's time with me is an extension of my father's legacy. Even the song that I downloaded (legally from iTunes) reflects my father's time with me. We would go have lunch at the old style New Jersey diners. You know, the ones that had the old jukeboxes at the tables. We would play the 1971 song "Cats in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin and talk about how that was not us. He had time for me and I would have time for him as I got older.



That Harry Chapin song had a lot of meaning for us, and by extension, my mother. Interestingly, Michael, especially for a five-year-old, is keenly aware of his place in the continuing father-son dynamic. He has told me that he hopes that he will be as good a father as I am with his son someday. I think this video will have meaning for the future generations, in addition to Michael, my wife, and my mother.

You can watch the video below.

No comments: