Monday, November 9, 2009

Back & Biceps Exercise Video: New Ideas for Law Enforcement & Others


New from The Cop Doc: Shot on location at the Advantage Club in Newark, Ohio (just East of Columbus, Ohio) for law enforcement folks and others looking for new approaches to their back and biceps workouts. I shot the video on Saturday night. I hope it will help people. Changing up your workout and muscle confusion is key to making progress towards your fitness goals. The video has been uploaded here at Blogger, as well on Facebook, MySpace, youtube, DailyMotion.com, Veoh.com, Break.com, PoliceLink.com, and other websites.



In the video, I link the biceps as a followup to fellow "pulling" muscles: the back. I also stress the use of proper form and diet as essential to any workout program. I also touch on the concept of "super-setting" and "negatives" when I suggest doing a couple slow downward movement close grip pull-ups (or chin-ups) between each bicep exercise.




I also throw in some use of elastic bands with the sitting preacher curl. By wrapping the bands from each end of the curl bar to a corresponding dumbbell on the floor, you are able to keep the tension consistent even at the top of the curl motion.

Working out and a healthy lifestyle is vital for those in public safety and even for others in our society. I hope this video motivates and helps people. Let me know how it works for you.